You are here: Home » Services » Fiancee Visa » USA
Wednesday, 21 Feb 2018

USA (K1)

E-mail Print PDF

Fiancee Visa to USA (K1)

The fiance(e) (K-1) nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiance(e) of a US citizen. The fiancee visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancee to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. The foreign-citizen will then apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The fiancee visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiancee must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa. Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants receive K-2 visas.


A foreign-citizen fiancee of U.S. citizen is the recipient of an approved Petition for Alien fiancee, Form I-129F, who has been issued a nonimmigrant K-1 visa for travel to the United States in order to marry his or her U.S. citizen fiancee. Both the U.S. citizen and the K-1 visa applicant must have been legally free to marry at the time the petition was filed and must have remained so thereafter. The marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the U.S. state in which the marriage will take place.


The foreign-citizen fiancee and U.S. citizen sponsor must have met in person within the past two years. USCIS may grant an exception to this requirement, based on extreme hardship for the U.S. citizen sponsor to personally meet the foreign-citizen fiancee, or, for example, if it is contrary in the U.S. citizen sponsor's or foreign-citizen fiancee's culture for a man and woman to meet before marriage.


In preparing for the interview, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician.

Cost of Medical Examination:

Adult applicant (15 years and older) = Php 6,190.48

Applicant (11-14 years older) = Php 4,135.51

Applicant (5-10 years older) = Php 2,650.00

Applicant (0-4 years older) = Php 2,350.00


If the applicant is issued a K-1 visa, the Consular Officer will give you your passport containing the K-1 visa and a sealed packet containing the civil documents you provided and other documents prepared by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. It is important that you do not open the sealed packet. Only the DHS immigration official should open this packet when you enter the United States. As the K-1 visa holder, you must enter the U.S. either before or at the same time as any qualifying children holding the K-1 visas.


With your visa, you can apply for a single admission at a U.S. port of entry within the validity of the visa, which will be a maximum of 6 months from the date of issuance. You must marry your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) within 90 days of your entry into the United States.


Cost of Fiancee Visa:

Processing Fee = Php 30,000.00

Visa Fee =  $ 265.00 USD