You are here: Home » Services
Wednesday, 17 Jan 2018


USA (Tourist)

E-mail Print PDF

Visitor Visas for Business/Tourism (B-1/B-2)


B-1 visas are for business, including such things as a need to consult with business associates, negotiate a contract, buy goods or materials, settle an estate, appear in a court trial, and participate in business or professional conventions or conferences; or, where an applicant will be traveling to the United States on behalf of a foreign employer for training or meetings. The individual may not receive payment (except for incidental expenses) from a United States source while on a B-1 visa.


B-2 visas are issued for general pleasure/tourist travel, such as touring, visits to friends and relatives, visits for rest or medical treatment, social or fraternal conventions and conferences, and amateur/unpaid participants in cultural or sports events.


In most instances, consuls will issue a combined B-1/B-2 visa, recognizing that most business travelers may also wish to travel for tourist purposes.


All applicants, regardless of age (except for those applying for diplomatic visas), are required to appear at the embassy for an interview.


The application procedure for the first nonimmigrant visa applicants and applicants who were previously issued a nonimmigrant visa is the same.


Minor (unmarried 20 years old and below) nonimmigrant visa applicants are required to appear with at least one parent for the interview. If the minor is an orphan or if both parents are outside of the Phillippines, then a legal guardian must be present during the interview.


All basic documentary requiremens must be ready BEFORE an appointment can be made. All documents must be original. Photocopies will not be accepted, unless specified. The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit does not accept documents BEFORE the interview except for Treaty Trader (E1) and Treaty Investor (E2) visa applications. Any documents received will not be returned and will be destroyed (except the passport)


Payment of Application Fee


Nonimmigrant visa applicants must pay the machine-readable visa application fee shown on the schedules below. The fee is based on the purpose of the trip or visa category.


Effective March 19,2015 the fees are as follows:


$160 B1/B2, C1/D, F, J, and all other NIV categories not listed below
$190 H, L, O, P, Q, and R (Temporary Worker)
$265 K (Fiancée)
$205 E (Investor/Trader)


A fee applies to only one visa classification/application. If an applicant wishes to apply for more than one visa simultaneously, corresponding payment per visa class must be made.


Visa application fees are nonrefundable. No exceptions will be made to this rule. The fee is transferable, meaning that one person can pay the fee on behalf of another person. It is valid for one year after the date of actual payment; the interview must fall within the one-year validity.


Last Updated on Thursday, 19 March 2015 02:49


E-mail Print PDF

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. The foreign-citizen will then apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Because a fiancé(e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa. Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants receive K-2 visas.

Under U.S. immigration law, a foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen is the recipient of an approved Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F, who has been issued a nonimmigrant K-1 visa for travel to the United States in order to marry his or her U.S. citizen fiancé(e). Both the U.S. citizen and the K-1 visa applicant must have been legally free to marry at the time the petition was filed and must have remained so thereafter. The marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the U.S. state in which the marriage will take place.

In general, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) and U.S. citizen sponsor must have met in person within the past two years. USCIS may grant an exception to this requirement, based on extreme hardship for the U.S. citizen sponsor to personally meet the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), or, for example, if it is contrary in the U.S. citizen sponsor’s or foreign-citizen fiancé(e)’s culture for a man and woman to meet before marriage.

The final process of the fiance(e) visa application is at the US Embassy in Manila. The applicant has undergo a medical examination and interview at the US Embassy in Manila.

If you are issued a K-1 visa, the Consular Officer will give you your passport containing the K-1 visa and a sealed packet containing the civil documents you provided, plus other documents prepared by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. It is important that you do not open the sealed packet. Only the DHS immigration official should open this packet when you enter the United States. As the K-1 visa holder, you must enter the U.S. either before or at the same time as any qualifying children holding K-2 visas.

With your visa, you can apply for a single admission at a U.S. port of entry within the validity of the visa, which will be a maximum of 6 months from the date of issuance. You must marry your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) within 90 days of your entry into the United States.


Processing Time: 3-6 months upon submission of documents to USCIS

Processing Fee: USD $ 455.00

Visa Fee: USD $ 350.00 for the principal applicant and each accompanying family member

Medical Examination: USD $ 213.35 (15 years and older)

USD $ 185.35 (below 15 years old)

Page 2 of 2